We're up to 1.5.2. Everything (apart from the invis shield) seems to be ticking along nicely.
It looks like we're almost at the end of this cycle. The town "teo505" appears to be largely uncontested, with the leader of the only credible opposition waving the white flag, unless someone steps up, the beta phase will be closed in a day or two, with a new map ready (hopefully) by the weekend.
Meanwhile, there are a few discussions to have.
Firstly, I'd like to know your feedback, combined with input in to the details for the next round
1) Map Name.... Prisma ofc.
2) Map Size ..... 1200 *1200 (based on your experience of Round 1, will double-sized map be too big?)
3) War settings ..... subject to feedback, but likely to remain the same
4) Economy settings .... again, subject to feedback, but I think it wasn't too hard to get a town considering some people had two....
5) Mob Arena's will be added as a way to make money and also to provide "control points" on the map
6) Mob Kills to make money, not much, but a little.
7) Jobs - was it fun? Did it add something to the server? Did it make you want to log in more frequently?
8) Nerfing traps and XP grinds... did it work? Did you still manage to find ways to grind mobs with little to no risk other than from enemy players?
9) communication.... subject to feedback... likely to remain the same... did it work? Was limiting range of general enough to keep the secrets and sense of suspense (and minimise trash talking).
10) Victory conditions - have they been explained clearly enough?
11) Transfering from Round 1 to Round 2.... this is a big one. You can't keep your stats, but I do want you to have something to start with. Getting the town up and running is, I think, a bit part of the challenge, and being the first town is quite a good indicator. I'd like to think that the "winners" would be happy to get a "free" town to start them off with. I also want to offer the beta nations a chance at 50% of a town too. I think I may have offered other things to all beta players, so if I forget anything, remind me (and link the source please).
12) New players - I basically plan to run a black list (no white list) for Round 2! Then a few adverts on minecraft forums, and I think we will get a good few people joining. However, it will be reviewed, if it gets out of hand, then it will be whitlelisted.
13) the official server address used for advertising will be pvp.ragnacraft.com. pvp.damnation.eu will also work, but keeping them separate to me is a good idea to avoid too much confusion between the two very different play-styles and communities.
I'd be most grateful if you could provide your thoughts on any or all of the above, and any other stuff you think is relevant moving forward to Round II
thanks all, it's been great to see so much action on the server, even if it wasn't as busy as you all hoped, I think we've all learned enough to challenge the rest of the world now
(cross posted at http://damnation.eu/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3409